Table of Contents
Hellman’s mayonnaise is a classic condiment, a staple in many kitchens for its creamy, delicious taste. But did you know that it’s easy to make at home? Homemade mayonnaise is incredibly flavorful and requires only a few simple ingredients. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to make Hellman’s mayonnaise from scratch!
To make your own Hellman’s mayonnaise, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Making your own Hellman’s mayonnaise is easy and only requires a few simple steps:
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolk, mustard, salt, and sugar together until the mixture is thick and pale yellow in color.
- Slowly add the oils, a few drops at a time, while whisking constantly. The mixture should start to thicken as the oil is added.
- Once all of the oil has been added, add the vinegar and lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Taste the mayonnaise and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer the mayonnaise to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to whisk constantly while adding the oil, or the mayonnaise may separate.
- The mayonnaise will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- If the mayonnaise becomes too thick, you can add a little water to thin it out.
- If you don’t have white wine vinegar, you can substitute with any other type of vinegar.
- You can also add other seasonings to the mayonnaise, such as garlic powder, onion powder, or cayenne pepper.
Making your own Hellman’s mayonnaise is a great way to enjoy a classic condiment with a homemade twist. With just a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can have delicious, creamy mayonnaise that you can use in sandwiches, salads, and other recipes. Give it a try today and taste the difference!